ISSA - Developing and Connecting Cybersecurity Leaders Globally.
Developing and Connecting Cybersecurity Leaders Globally.
ISSA is the community of choice for international cybersecurity professionals dedicated to advancing individual growth, managing technology risk and protecting critical information and infrastructure.
The Information Systems Security Association (ISSA)® is a not-for-profit, international organization of information security professionals and practitioners. It provides educational forums, publications, and peer interaction opportunities that enhance the knowledge, skill, and professional growth of its members.
ISSA is a nonprofit organization for the information security profession committed to promoting effective cyber security on a global basis.
a) Being a respected forum for networking and collaboration
b) Providing education and knowledge sharing at all career life cycle stages
c) Being a highly regarded voice of information security that influences public opinion, government legislation, education and technology with objective expertise that supports sound decision-making”
Integrity: Evidenced by a reputation for trustworthiness earned through ethical, fair, transparent, and professional behavior.
Excellence: Evidenced by a commitment to expertise and experience in our field.
Respect: Evidenced in appreciation of the value of diverse perspectives and experience in promoting a culture of leadership and innovation in a global organization.
Goal A: Leadership: ISSA will lead the global security community collaboration to protect society from security threats.
Goal B: Program: ISSA will provide the profession with highly qualified practitioners and high quality education and training.
Goal C: Influence: ISSA will serve as a respected and trusted source and advisor on information security related technology, education, standards, and legislation.
Organize and provide international conferences, local chapter meetings and seminars that offer educational programs, training and valuable networking opportunities
Provide access to information through the ISSA Website as well as online E-Newsletters and in the monthly ISSA Journal
Earn CPE credits by attending chapter meetings, ISSA Web Conferences, subscribing to the ISSA Journal or serving as a chapter or international council leader
Offer opportunities for members to volunteer by joining committees, which provide leadership opportunities in the security industry
Enhance professional stature and advance the profession by sharing your expertise as an event speaker or contributor to the ISSA Journal
As a one-stop site for information professionals to quickly find useful information on security technologies and practices.
1. VOICE OF THE SECURITY PRACTITIONER - The ISSA is an unbiased third party made up solely of security practitioners and, as such, is not motivated by politics nor profits; only the ethical professionalism of our members and their dedication to protecting information resources in a professional manner. We are "The Global Voice of Information Security".
2. LOCAL CHAPTERS - No other professional information security organization provides local networking and educational opportunities. The ISSA's local chapters and its members can become one of your strongest allies when support is needed to get your job done.
3. EDUCATION - The ISSA Chapter meetings, regional events, and the annual conference serve as vital educational and professional resources, offering in-depth and timely information about our industry. They provide an opportunity to obtain skills and solutions to further your success. Educational opportunities included comprehensive workshops, seminars, exciting guest speakers, and presentations on new technologies in the industry. ISSA also provides members additional discounts to international security conferences.
4. CERTIFICATION - The ISSA is a founding contributor of the International Information Systems Security Certification Consortium (ISC)², a comprehensive certification of Information Security Professionals. The CISSP Certification provides tangible proof of professional competency and serves as a key component in professional skills development. It also increases and demonstrates knowledge in the field, provides personal and professional enrichment, can enhance job security and assist in career advancement. ISSA membership provides opportunities to earn CPE credits to maintain ones CISSP Certification. (This also provided opportunity to market scheduled CISSP classes we offered via Athena CLC). Most often, our classes sold out!
5. PROFESSIONAL NETWORKING - Take advantage of local ISSA Chapter meetings and the ISSA Annual Conference to meet your peers and exchange information. Learn what other information security professionals in your area are doing, and share your experiences and successes with colleagues in other ISSA chapters. Contacts developed through networking are extremely beneficial for bench-marking security practices and as a resource for you to validate security product functionality.
6. CAREER GROWTH - The networking and training you receive through the ISSA provides a means to identify potential career opportunities and serve as an 'in' w/ the hiring process. The ISSA also provides updated job postings on its web site.
7. LEADERSHIP OPPORTUNITIES - Get involved - promote information security in your company, industry, and your community. At the local Chapter and ISSA International Board levels, you can participate, learn, and help spread the word about the vital importance of information security. Members can earn CPE credits for participation on ISSA Boards.
8. RECOGNITION - Become an ISSA author or speaker. ISSA welcomes articles from members for publication on the ISSA web site and in The ISSA Journal, formerly known as PASSWORD. Share your ideas about security, management, solutions, and innovation. Making a presentation about how you have applied security technology to address risks or ways you have adapted practices to solve problems helps other ISSA members and will identify you as an information security professional who is willing to share ideas and experiences. Plus, you can earn CISSP CPEs.
President, Military Network