Find Veterans Day 2015 ceremonies and events below. Don’t see your communities? List it in the comments and we will post it here.
- Central Alabama Veterans Health Care System East Campus (Tuskegee, AL) – Central Alabama Veterans HCS will hold a Veterans Day Program and Dedication of the Vietnam Veterans monument recently placed on the grounds of the Montgomery Campus by the Vietnam Veterans of America, Chapter 607. Local Community leaders and Maxwell Air Force leadership will participate in the event.
- Tuscaloosa VA Medical Center (Tuscaloosa, AL) – Veterans Day Program co-sponsored by the Tuscaloosa VA Medical Center and the Veterans Memorial Park Association of the Tuscaloosa County Park and Recreation Authority.
- Alaska VA Healthcare System (Anchorage, AK) – The Alaska VA Healthcare System will hold a Women Veteran Recognition Ceremony at the Muldoon Clinic combined with a media roundtable immediately following the ceremony. The celebration will start with an Information Fair from 4:30 p.m. to 5:30 p.m. with the actual ceremony beginning at 5:30 p.m. The Ceremony will begin with a tribute to the late Marcella Vreeland 1LT Marine Ret. followed by the keynote speaker Retired Air Force Col Jane Serie who was also a nurse at The White House. A reception will immediately follow the ceremony
- Southern Arizona VA Health Care System (Tucson, AZ) – Southern Arizona VA Health Care System (SAVAHCS) will be hosting a Veterans Day concert on November 11 starting at 2 p.m. in the Rose Garden Courtyard. The Tucson VA is partnering with the City of Tucson and various other Veteran Service Organizations in the 2nd Annual “Hats off to Hero’s” taking place on November 12.
- Veterans Health Care System of the Ozarks (Fayetteville, AR) – VHSO is hosting a Veterans Day ceremony on Nov. 10.
- Los Angeles Veterans Day Run
- San Francisco VA Health Care System (San Francisco, CA) – November 10, the San Francisco VA Health Care System hosts its annual Veterans Day Ceremony. Keynote speakers will be Norissa McLorin, US Marine Corps Veteran, Stewart Barbee, Army Veteran, Suzanne Gordon, renowned author/journalist.
- Central California VA Health Care System (Fresno, CA)
- Fresno Veterans Day Parade. Start Time: 10:00 on-site (reviewing stand across from Fresno City Hall) DAV hosts annual Veterans Day Luncheon/Gift Distribution for Inpatients and Community Living Center Residents – Location: Fresno VAMC 10:00 am-2:00 pm
- Walk of Honor Memorial Unveiling Ceremony Saturday, Nov 14, 2015 Time: 10:00am-Noon at Fresno VAMC
- VA Long Beach Healthcare System (Long Beach, CA) – Veterans Day/Welcome home event on campus for community and Veterans.
- VA Eastern Colorado Health Care System (ECHCS) – (Denver, CO) – VFW Post #1, Denver, VA, and a number of community and Veteran organizations are hosting a tour of art work created by Veterans, many of them involved in the Art of War Project at the VFW Post #1, VA Rec/Creative Arts Therapy Program, and/or VA National and local Creative Arts Festival. Event organized by VARO and jointly hosted by ECHCS.
- C.W. Bill Young VA Medical Center (Bay Pines, FL) – Veterans Day Ceremony
- Miami VA Healthcare System (Miami, FL) – Veterans Day Ceremony at University of Miami Nov. 11, Miami Beach Veterans Day Parade Nov. 11
- Orlando VA Medical Center (Orlando, FL) – Veterans Day Ceremony at the Viera Outpatient Clinic.
- West Palm Beach VAMC (West Palm Beach, FL) – 11/6-11/12/15-Veteran Star Spangled Display in West Palm Beach VAMC atrium
- Tampa VAMC (Tampa, Florida) Welcome Home Event and Veterans Day Parade starting at 10:00am
- Atlanta VA Medical Center (Decatur, GA) – On November 10, the Atlanta VA Medical Center will host a Veterans Day ceremony to honor area Veterans and their families. The ceremony will take place in the Pete Wheeler auditorium from 11 a.m. – 12 p.m. The medical center will also host a Vietnam War Certificate of Honor for residents of the Community Living Center. The event will take place at the Pete Wheeler auditorium from 1:00 – 3:00 p.m.
- Charlie Norwood VA Medical Center (Augusta, GA)
- 50 Year Celebration for Veterans living with a Spinal Cord Injury for fifty or more years. November 9, 2015
- Augusta Vet Center Open House and Information Fair -November 9, 2015
- Veterans Day Program -November 10, 2015. Event to honor all Veterans and Veteran employees. Key-note is Major Peter Way, (RET) Disabled US Army Veteran.
- Veterans Day Parade -November 11, 2015
- Captain James A. Lovell Federal Health Care Center (North Chicago, IL) – Joint “Welcome Home”/Veterans Day celebration. Co-hosted with local community college. Event will be loacted at community college. The entire event will include a ceremony, wich will include FHCC leadership and a keynote address from a former POW. There will also be a resource fair highlighting Veterans benefits.
- Edward Hines Jr. VA Hospital (Hines, IL) – Voluntary Service will be disturbing a small gift on November 10 for all inpatients; Another volunteer group will also be coming on November 10 to provide a special gift to the female Veterans in the Women’s Clinic.
- Jesse Brown VA Medical Center (Chicago, IL)
- November 10, 8 a.m – 3 p.m. Over 700 Veterans are expected to attend the event which will feature opportunities for our Veterans to learn about services offered by the VA as well as numerous local social service agencies. Breakfast and lunch will be served, flu shots will be available, clothing and other comfort items will be distributed.
- November 11, 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Veterans Day Observance
- Marion VA Medical Center (Marion, IL) –
- November 5, Veteran Town Hall with VBA
- November 7, Evansville Stand Down with local Vet Center
- November 10, 2 p.m. Veteran Receptions in Marion IL and Evansville IN
- Richard L. Roudebush VA Medical Center (Indianapolis VA Medical Center) – Veterans Day Outreach Program evening of the 10th, Veterans Day parade route Outreach Display/engagement. Event will be held at the Indiana War Memorial.
- Alexandria VA Health Care System (Alexandria, LA) – Events held on the beautiful, historic grounds of the Alexandria VA Medical Center – Program, Parade and Picnic.
- Rockville Veterans Day Ceremony
- Ocean City Veterans Day Ceremony
- VA Maryland Health Care System (Baltimore, MD) – – Participation in Baltimore City’s Veterans Day Parade and Ceremony – Dr. Adam M. Robinson, Jr., Director of the VA Maryland Health Care System, will be the key note speaker for the City’s Veterans Day Ceremony on November 11.
- Aleda E. Lutz VA Medical Center (Saginaw, MI) – Women Veteran Programs and a special Veterans Day Event planned for Women to be held at our VAMC on November 7
- John D. Dingell VA Medical Center (Detroit, MI) – The John D. Dingell VA Medical Center in Detroit will host our annual Veterans Day program for patients, staff, volunteers, on November 10 at 11:00 a.m.
- VA Ann Arbor Healthcare System (Ann Arbor, MI) – Veterans Day, Wednesday, November 11 at 9:30 a.m.. For the past 15 years, the VA Ann Arbor Healthcare System has held a Veterans Day Ceremony in partnership with the University of Michigan Tri-Service ROTC Units. This year’s Keynote Speaker is Major General Michael Lehnert, USMC (ret).
- Minneapolis VA Health Care System (Minneapolis, MN) – The medical center will hold a special program on Nov. 11 at the medical center with tributes and music, 2:30-3:30 pm. Keynote by Maj. Gen. George Steiner (ret) and the 451st US Army Brass Band.
- St. Cloud VA Health Care System (St. Cloud, MN) – Veterans Day Observance Ceremony, 1:30 p.m., Bldg. 8 (Auditorium), St. Cloud VAHCS, St. Cloud, MN.
- Harry S Truman Memorial Veterans’ Hospital (Columbia, MO) – On November 8, Wade Vlosich, Medical Center Director at the Harry S. Truman Memorial Veterans’ Hospital in Columbia, Mo., will be an honored guest at the University of Missouri Joint ROTC Veterans Day Parade and Ceremony. The parade will proceed through town from the university campus to the Boone County Courthouse where a brief ceremony will be conducted. The parade and ceremony conclude a 24-hour vigil by Air Force ROTC cadets.
- John J. Pershing VA Medical Center (Poplar Bluff, MO) – The Poplar Bluff VAMC (John J. Pershing VA Medical Center) is involved in the annual Veterans Day ceremony at Poplar Bluff, Missouri, in collaboration with the local Veterans Council; media will attend
- Kansas City VA Medical Center (Kansas City, MO) – A Veterans Day Salute at the Harry S. Truman Library and Museum with KCVA in attendance. The 2015 Veterans Day Salute features special guest Joseph L. Galloway. His detailed account of the Vietnam War while embedded with the Command Unit of the 1st Cavalry Division became a runaway New York Times best-seller and then, in 2002, film starring Mel Gibson, We Were Soldiers. There will a Special appearance by the National Anthem Girl, Janine Stange, who made history last year singing the national anthem in all 50 states. Following the Veterans Day Proclamation by Independence Mayor Eileen Weir, witness a rare flyover of vintage military aircraft by the Heart of America Commemorative Air Force (CAF), a non-profit organization dedicated to preserving and showing historical aircraft.
- G.V. (Sonny) – Montgomery VA Medical Center (Jackson, MS) – The VA Medical Center will hold its annual Veterans Day and Wall of Honor Program. The Wall of Honor is a continuing tribute and recognition program to honor Mississippi’s Veterans. This year’s guest speaker will be former Mississippi Governor William Winter who is a U.S. Army World War II and Korean War Veteran.
- VA Montana Health Care System (Fort Harrison, MT)
- Nov. 10:
– Fort Harrison: Veterans’ Canteen Service hosting observance with recognition of a Veteran from each branch of service
– Fort Harrison: Birthday Cake and observance for Marine Corps’ 240th Birthday
- Nov. 11:
– Helena: POW-MIA-KIA Field of Honor observance
– Helena: Myrna Loy Center (Veterans Transform Anguish into Art; “Reclaimation” by Nan Parsons)
– Fort Harrison: Meal for Inpatient Veterans with card thanking them for their service
– Miles City: local community groups provide meals & service for residents of the Community Living Center (long-term care)
– Boulder: Jefferson High School National Honor Society will host an event to honor local Veterans.
– Billings: dedication of the VA Billings Clinic Patriot Wall
– East Helena: annual Veterans Day parade hosted by the local VFW
- Nov. 10:
- New Mexico VA Health Care System (Albuquerque, NM) – On Nov. 11, a Veterans Day parade of historic military vehicles, marching groups and various local organizations will pass through the campus of the Raymond G. Murphy VA Medical Center in Albuquerque, N.M., starting at 9 a.m. From there, the parade will move to the New Mexico Veterans’ Memorial at 1100 Louisiana Blvd. for a 10 a.m. Veterans Day Ceremony.
- New York America’s Parade
- Albany Veteran’s Day Parade
- Buffalo Veterans Day Parade, held Saturday, November 7 at 11am on Delaware Avenue.
- Buffalo VA Medical Center – Tuesday, November 10 at 1pm, at 3495 Bailey Avenue, Buffalo, NY 14215; Freedom Hall, room 301.
Veterans Day Ceremony with Vietnam Veteran Michael Militello providing keynote address in an interactive forum.
- Canandaigua VA Medical Center – Veterans Day Observance, “Missing Man” ceremony performed by Veterans from the Knights of Columbus and Jim Worthing patriotic music concert to salute Veterans. Voluntary services and medical center leadership will be represent at these events.
- Northport VA Medical Center – Celebration of Veterans Concert and luncheon (hosted by Dignity Memorial) – 1 p.m. 11/10
- Manchester VA Medical Center
- 11/9: Veteran Stories in the Voices of Veterans: Panel will consist of WWII, Afghanistan, OEF/OIF/OND, and Air Guard Veterans.
- 11/11 Veterans Day Program
- Asheville VA Medical Center (Asheville, NC) – – The Asheville VA will be hosting a Veterans Day Ceremony on November 11
- Durham VA Medical Center (Durham, NC)
- Veterans Day Ceremony for Community Living Center Veterans, hosted by the American Legion Auxiliary. General Lusk of the North Carolina National Guard has been invited to speak.
- Carolina Preserve Veterans Choir will offer a performance for our Community Living Center Veterans.
- Blue Star Mothers will be presenting an activity for our Community Living Center Veterans.
- Fayetteville VA Medical Center (Fayetteville, NC) – Fayetteville Veterans Day Parade
- Salisbury VA Medical Center (Salisbury, NC) Veterans Day event
- Chillicothe VA Medical Center (Chillicothe, OH) – Veterans Day Parade on VA grounds
- Oklahoma City VA Health Care System (Oklahoma City, OK) – Veterans Day Ceremony on Friday, November 6th
- Central Pennsylvania Veterans Day events
- VA Pittsburgh Healthcare System – On November 9, the Homeless Veterans’ Opinions of Integrated Care Environments (H-VOICE) photo exhibit will be on display at VA Pittsburgh Healthcare System’s University Drive campus from 8 a.m. until 3:30 p.m.
- Coatesville VA Medical Center – On November 6, the Coatesville VA Medical Center will host the Veterans Parade as part of its annual Veterans Week celebration. Former Prisoners of War of World War II and the Korean War will serve as Grand Marshals.
- Erie VA Medical Center – On November 7, Erie VAMC will host the annual Veterans Day parade and ceremony.
- Lebanon VA Medical Center
- On 11/10/2015, Lebanon VA Medical Center will host its sixth Town Hall in Dauphin County from 4:30 to 6:30 p.m. at the Linglestown American Legion Post 272.
- On 11/12/2015, Lebanon VA Medical Center will host its annual Veterans Day Ceremony in the main campus chapel at 10:00 a.m. to recognize the selfless service of Veteran patients and staff.
- Philadelphia VA Medical Center (Philadelphia, PA) – On November 8, 2015, the Corporal Michael J. Crescenz VAMC will participate in the first City of Philadelphia Veterans Day Parade, which will take place at 12:30 p.m. in Center City.
- VA Butler Healthcare (Butler, PA) – Open House event for the newly relocated Cranberry Township Community-Based Outpatient Clinic (900 Commonwealth Drive, Suite 900 Cranberry Township, PA 16066) – on Friday November 6, 2015, from 11am-1pm.
- Wilkes-Barre VA Medical Center (Wilkes-Barre, PA) – “The VA Medical Center in Wilkes-Barre, PA, will host a Veterans Day Ceremony on November 10. Staff Sergeant Eric Darling, 109th Field Artillery, Army National Guard, will serve as the Keynote Speaker, with Staff Sergeant Tracie Slempa, 109th Mobile Public Affairs Detachment providing soloist vocals.
- Ralph H. Johnson VA Medical Center (Charleston, SC)
- Saturday, November 7 at 10:30 a.m.: Annual Charleston Veteran’s Day Parade.
- Tuesday, November 10 at 10:00 a.m.: Unveiling and dedication ceremony for a sculpture donation being made to the facility by U.S. Navy Veteran and Artist Dr. Edward Byrd. The sculpture is of a young Marine cared for by Dr. Byrd during Vietnam who returned to the battlefield and was killed in action a short time later.
- Wednesday, November 11: The Fisher House Charleston is holding its 2nd annual Veterans Day Celebration on the evening of November 11.
- Wm. Jennings Bryan Dorn VA Medical Center (Columbia, SC) – 10 to 11 a.m.: Veterans Appreciation Day
- Sioux Falls VA Health Care System (Sioux Falls, SD) – November 11 annual Sioux Falls Community Veterans Day Program. November 11 quarterly Service of Remembrance for families of recently deceased Veterans.
- Memphis VA Medical Center (Memphis, TN) – Participation in the Memphis Veterans Day Parade in downtown Memphis, Tennessee
- Mountain Home VAMC/Johnson City (Mountain Home, TN) – Veterans Day Program
- Michael E. DeBakey VA Medical Center (Houston, TX) – Houston VAMC participating in Veterans Day Parade
- Central Texas Veterans Health Care System (Temple, TX) – Veterans Day Ceremony with special guest speaker Marine Veteran David Villarreal who is a survivor of five major brain stem cell strokes.
- El Paso VA Health Care System (El Paso, TX) – EPVAHCS float and staff will participate in the annual City of El Paso Veterans Day Parade. Our float is being built as the Eagle Scout project for a member of Troop 248, Fort Bliss, Texas on November 7.
- West Texas VA Health Care System (Big Spring, TX) – West Texas VA Health Care System will co-host an event in Big Spring, TX honoring West Texas Veterans in conjunction with Howard College and various community partners.
- VA Salt Lake City Health Care System (Salt Lake City, UT)
- Taylorsville Veterans Day Parade, November 11th. VA employees and Veterans will march in the parade.
- The Women Veteran’s “Grit to Glamour” event will be held on November 10th at the Zions Bank corporate ballroom.
- White River Junction VA – 12:00 PM – 1:00 PM Annual Veterans Day Ceremony
- Hunter Holmes McGuire VA Medical Center (Richmond, VA) – Richmond VAMC- 11/10 – The Veterans Day Program will be at 11am followed by the Marine Birthday celebration.
- Jonathan M. Wainwright Memorial VA Medical Center (Walla Walla, WA) – The Walla Walla VA Medical Center (VAWW) will hold a Veterans Day Recognition Event to recognize the “Veterans Who Live In Our Community”.
- Clarksburg Louis A. Johnson VA Medical Center – The Louis A. Johnson VA Medical Center will be participating in two events on Veterans Day. Veterans Day Parade in Clarksburg, West Virginia. Veterans Day ceremony at Jackson Square in Clarksburg, West Virginia.
- Martinsburg VA Medical Center (Martinsburg, WV) – – The Martinsburg VA Medical Center will be having a Veterans Day Celebration on November 7 beginning at 8 a.m. with a 5K/1K run with a formal ceremony at 11 a.m. followed by a Pee Wee football team scrimmage. Our guest speaker for the ceremony is Major General, Medical Corps, United States Army Director, Walter Reed National Military Medical Center.
- Beckley VA Medical Center (Beckley, WV) – November 6, the Beckley Department of Veterans Affairs will host a ribbon cutting and open house for their new Adult Day Health Care Unit at 200 Veterans Avenue, Beckley, West Virginia.
- Huntington VA Medical Center (Huntington, WV)
- November 10,Sun Salutation Yoga presentation at 10 a.m. on the lawn in front of our Mental Health Clinic. A Musical Tribute program, open to Veterans, families and the community, will follow at 11 a.m. in the Recreation Hall, featuring noted local singers and musicians, school children, and local press will be invited. The program will conclude with a reception, and at noon, the Marshall University Drum Line will perform on the front steps of the medical center. At 3 p.m., leadership will honor employees who are Veterans at a special reception in the Recreation Hall.
- November 11, Veterans Day parade and program
- Clement J. Zablocki Veterans Affairs Medical Center (Milwaukee, WI) – Veterans Day ceremony, Nov. 11, which features Army Veteran Roshandran Mahendran, our deputy EMS manager who emigrated to America.
- Tomah VA Medical Center (Tomah, WI) – November 10, 2015 begins at 10 a.m. in our Chapel. Veterans Day Ceremony / Hall of Heroes Induction Ceremony / WWII Vet History Project / Honor Flight Keynote. The President of our local Honor Flight organization will keynote our Veterans Day ceremony
- William S. Middleton Memorial Veterans Hospital (Madison, WI) – November 13 Veterans Day-themed event at the hospital. Event will include a multi-media tribute to all Veterans associated with the Madison VA Hospital, including both patients and Veteran staff. Keynote speaker is Capt. (ret.) Bill Albracht, author of the book Abandoned in Hell, and recipient of three Silver Star medals, five Bronze Stars, and three Purple Hearts. Also featured will be the Madison VA Hospital’s innovative My Life, My Story program, which captures Veterans’ life stories in their medical records
- Sheridan VA Medical Center (Sheridan, WY) – Veterans Day event at facility.